How to Contribute
There are several ways to contribute materials to The Old Car Manual Project.
What we're looking for:
- high quality scans, made with a flatbed scanner at 300 ppi, in a jpg or other format with minimal compression. The idea is to produce an archive that will be useful for many years to come. All files will be posted on the site in jpeg format.
- we can accomodate most file types, but jpegs are preferred
- please contribute your original scans only
How to send materials:
- email to email@example.com Files may be archived in a zip or equivalent file if you wish. Please do not e-mail any files greater than 8 MB. If the overall size is greater, split it into two or more e-mails.
- upload using your browser to oldcarlibrary.com. Please let us know when you've uploaded materials so that we can move them to the main site.
- ftp: contact us by email if you would like to upload large numbers of files and we'll set up ftp access for you
- snail mail: We have limited resources for scanning materials and it takes time, but we do appreciate donations of materials. If you need materials returned, please contact us first.
- credit: Please let us know how you would like your contribution credited on the site.
- copyright: Copyright law is complex. Rule #1 is that if it's a book, like a Chilton's manual, it's covered by copyright and we will not post it on our site. Please refer to archive.org for more information on copyrights.
Become an Old Car Guy and share your brochures or manuals with others!